Created By: Ithaca Heritage
Famed local architect William H. Miller, who has two Ithaca tours devoted to his work, designed this home for Calvin D. Stowell in 1880, and it was purchased in 1914 by Robert C. Osborn. Descendents of the Osborns owned the home until 1996, and it was bought in 1998 by Lynette Scofield and her then-husband. The two reopened the house in 1999 as the William Henry Miller Inn, named in honor of its architect, who created a Queen Anne-style home featuring a corner tower, half-timbering, and stained glass windows.
To hear more about this building from architectural history consultant and City of Ithaca Historian Mary Tomlan, click on the "Play Audio" link above!
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Ithaca Architectural Tour