Created By: Bloomsburg High School - Social Studies in Action
The town acquired the fountain from the J. L. Mott Company in New York City, and had it installed in 1892, in the fall. The Bloomsburg Water Company informed Town Council it would supply free water for a fountain, and Town Council used money from the David Stroup estate to purchase the fountain. In the late 1960s the fountain was replaced; some twenty years later it was re-installed and then in 2002 refurbished to its original appearance.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Bloomsburg