Created By: Anne Steinert
The Tyler Davidson Fountain was donated to the City of Cincinnati by Henry Probasco in memory of his brother-in-law hardware merchant Tyler Davidson in 1871. The fountain was originally placed in a plaza in the middle of the street, but moved and reoriented into the square in the 1970s and then reoriented again recently. The statue is entitled The Genius of Water and celebrates the uses and necessities of water and municipal water service. The fountain was cast in Munich.
Also notice the Westin Hotel on the south side of the square which is the site of the Albee Theater.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Cincinnati - Anne D. Steinert