Created By: PocketSights
University College is home to the University's part-time students, participants in the Summer Start and Summer College programs, and the Veterans Resource Center. The University has a long history of supporting veterans and is consistently ranked as one of the nation's topmost veteran-friendly campuses. Constructed in 1920, the University College building was originally an upscale apartment complex called the Grover Cleveland Residence Hall.
Original Construction Date:1926 - built as an upscale apartment building
Purchased by SU:1946 - converted to Grover Cleveland residence hall for men and named for President Cleveland who served on SU Board of Trustees 1883-1885
Purchase Cost 1946:$115,000
Renovation Began:1997Renovation Cost:$3.3 million
Building Occupied:January 1998
Architects:Holmes + King + Kallquist, SyracuseContractors:Hueber-Breuer Construction Co.
Materials:brickLocation:700 University Avenue
Space:27,500 square feet
Home of University College administrative and student services offices, classrooms, and computer clusters.
For more information: http://suce.syr.edu/news/facts/history.htm
This point of interest is part of the tour: Syracuse University Campus Tour