Created By: Ithaca Heritage
The current Trumansburg Village Hall was originally the residence of the Henry D. Barto Sr. (1788-1857) family and built some time between 1820 and 1840. Henry D. Barto was a noted judge, lawyer, and banker. The Barto home was built in the late Federal/early Greek Revival style. The turreted-corner porch is a later Queen Anne addition, and characteristic addition of many village properties in the late 1800s. The building was purchased for Village offices in 1984, and residents at the time considered it "the White Elephant" before it was successfully restored.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Village of Trumansburg