Created By: Hennepin County
Wayzata’s Village Hall was built at the corner of Lake Street and Manitoba Avenue in 1904 for a cost of $3,977.75. The Colonial Revival building originally housed the council chambers, library, post office, and equipment for the Volunteer Fire Department (a fire bell tower was added behind the main building in 1905). Village Hall ironically burned down in 1955, but not before local residents rushed into the building to save books from the library. Nevertheless, nearly all municipal records were lost in the blaze.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Wayzata Walking Tour