Created By: UW-Madison
Walnut Street Greenhouses
525 Walnut Street
Opened in 1954
The Walnut Street Greenhouses were constructed to meet the needs of researchers in the departments of agronomy, genetics, horticulture, plant pathology, soils and entomology that were not being met by the greenhouses on Babcock Drive. The Walnut Street Greenhouses became available to researchers in 1954. Additional greenhouses were added in 1958, and another addition was constructed in 1968. This is a research complex in CALS. Website: www.greenhouses.ars.wisc.edu.
This point of interest is part of the tour: University of Wisconsin-Madison West CALS