Created By: neighbourhood history group
2816-13th Avenue was a shoe repair shop from the day it opened in 1930 until its recent purchase by Northern Water Cleaners. The first occupant was shoemaker Hann Jacob, owner of Western Shoe Repairing. Jacob handed the business over to John Kusmik in 1941. In 1952, new owner John Fritz renamed the business West End Shoemaker, and so it would remain as a familiar presence on 13th Avenue in the decades to follow, operated by John and John George Fritz.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Cathedral Village