Created By: Friends of Stewart Park
The Wharton Pavilion once housed the Wharton brothers' silent film studio after the Renwick Park and Traffic Association leased the area to the brothers in 1915. The Wharton Studio brought in famous silent film actors from across the country, making Ithaca, New York a hub for the silent film industry. After the Whartons left Ithaca for Hollywood, the pavilion was repurposed as the restroom and storage facility it is today.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Stewart Park History