Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
Many buildings on or near the Ithaca Commons are associated with Ithaca College. The Wilgus Opera House, 155-159 E. State Street (now the site of Center Ithaca) was the headquarters of the Conservatory from 1894 to 1905. Conservatory classes and concerts were also held here at various times during the 1890s and early 1900s.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Ithaca College: A Walking Tour of Its Downtown Roots