Created By: David
101-107 W. 9th Street
Architect unknown (1881)
Erected by James W. Wood on speculation, the Wood’s Building for years was the office location of several prominent physicians, including Dr. Martha C. Dibble, one of the few female medical practitioners in Kansas City during the late 19th century.
At the turn of the 20th century, Joseph D. Cosby purchased the Wood’s Building and the adjacent Wright House Hotel (109-133 W. 9th Street; later demolished), combining them into the Hotel Cosby, a sixty-six-room facility.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Library District Walking Tour