Created By: North Dakota State University
YMCA of Fargo dates all the way back to 1886. The first location was in the county courthouse and later moved to the corner of Roberts st and First ave N. Built in 1905 and costing $50,000 the facility included a pool, basketball courts, running track, and weight rooms. The Fargo YMCA location purchased acres of land and created Camp Cormorant, an all-boys camp in 1903. In 1961 YMCA members raised enough money to build a new facility located at 400 1st ave south, the current downtown location. Since 1989 the Y has added 3 locations and another location focused solely on child care in south Fargo.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Island Park: Fargo's First Park