The lower gateway of Angels Flight, placed here in 1996, one-half block south of Third and Hill, where the flight lived from 1901-1969. The upper and lower termini were designed by Train & Williams and built in 1910.
Built as a public garage by Harris Realty, this 1923 structure is the oldest remaining part of old Bunker Hill. It was designed by the titans of LA architecture Curlett & Beelman, who also designed the 1926 May Company garage at 6th &... Read more
Here, the remains of the retaining wall from the Fremont Hotel, designed by John C Austin. The hotel, which opened in September 1902, was the first structure on Bunker Hill to be designed in the Mission style, with red-tiled towers and sc... Read more
Designed by landscape architect Lawrence Halprin and completed in 1990. "Halprin likened the role of a landscape architect to that of a choreographer, aiming to guide human movement through the environment in positive ways. As a monument... Read more
The Southern California Edison Company Building, James & David Allison, 1930. The Edison was of the first all-electrically heated and cooled buildings constructed in the western United States. The fourteen-story, steel-framed build... Read more