Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
This Tudor Revival-style house was built in 1907 for Professor James G. Needham. Needham taught the first course in limnology at Cornell and established a department that became world famous. Limnology is the scientific study of ponds and lakes.
The street on which this house was built was named for Needham some years after the original street plan was laid out. It shows up as Thurston Avenue on a map from 1903.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Cornell Heights Historic District Driving Tour