Created By: The Sandpoint Group
Built circa 1909 by L.D. and Earl Farmin, of precast cement block and with decorative scrolled brackets below the roof, excavation of the building’s foundation was halted as quicksand was uncovered. Pilings were driven through the quicksand to bedrock to secure the building. Originally built as their offices it later housed a bank, telephone exchange, drug store, millinery shop and ladies’ clothing store.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Sandpoint ...a walk through history.