Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This beautiful stone home, in a transitional Federal-Greek Revival style, was built in 1837. The original owner was Horace Mack (1799-1855), who served as a village president. This is the only surviving house of a row of three Green Street houses owned by early village presidents, formerly known as “Presidential Row.” The home was built by mason Samuel Halliday, who also did work on early Cornell buildings.The house has been occupied by a number of locally prominent families over its nearly 200 years. It now serves as law offices.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Henry St. John District Historic Walking Tour