Created By: New Bedford Preservation Society
13 Hamilton Street, Ivory H. Bartlett & Son, c. 1876
Constructed in 1876 by Ivory H. Bartlett & Son as a counting house for the company, this brick building may have been designed by Caleb Hammond, a New Bedford architect Bartlett descendants used the building as a real estate and commission office. The building roof may have been altered from a gable roof to hipped roof. The building remained in the Bartlett family until 1917 when it was sold to William M. Wood. Today the building houses law offices and other commercial offices.
This point of interest is part of the tour: New Bedford Pathways: Tour #4 Waterfront Historic District