Created By: Ruthmere
To the east of the walking bridge connecting Pulaski Park to Island Park is the Elkhart and Western Railroad Company bridge. The railroad was founded by Dr. Herbert Bucklen in 1890 with construction completed in 1893. This line of the railroad travelled a route from Elkhart to Mishawaka. It later became a part of the New York Central line in 1912 and has since changed hands several times. It is currently owned and operated by Pioneer Lines. The History Hike for Fitness is made possible through a generous grant from the Community Foundation of Elkhart County, our bridge to the future.
This point of interest is part of the tour: History Hike For Fitness