Created By: Ruthmere
Philo Morehouse moved to Elkhart in 1842 and established the first bank in 1854. His house was located where the parking lot of McDonalds restaurant is today, west of the Riverwalk. This bank was known as the Bank of Elkhart, and later the First National Bank of Elkhart. The History Hike for Fitness is sponsored in part by Centier Bank.
This point of interest is part of the tour: History Hike For Fitness