Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This Queen Anne was built around 1884. It is a highly intact example of a Queen Anne from the period, with some elements of the Stick style (denoted by the vertical emphasis of some of the woodwork). It features tripartite windows on the third floor, carved bargeboards, and two shed-roofed porches.
The property this house is on changed hands among investors regularly and was divided and combined with neighboring properties several times in the years before the house was built. It was finally sold from investor Ortistus Gregory to local paper industry leader Thomas G. Miller in 1884, but it is unclear whether Gregory built the house as a speculative investment or whether Miller built it after the purchase. The Miller family owned the house until 1987.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Henry St. John District Historic Walking Tour