Created By: Coleman Memorial Museum
309 N. 2nd St. - Dickey County Courthouse
Dickey County’s first courthouse was constructed on Main Street in 1884-85, and served the community and area until 1912, when the present structure was completed. The new building cost about $100,000 and was dedicated July 4, 1912.
In 1980 the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. All updating efforts have fallen under federal guidelines for historic preservation, and Ellendale is proud to be the home of one of the finest courthouses in the state.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Ellendale - Tour of the Core City