Created By: The Sandpoint Group
These two buildings, built in 1906 costing $8,000 each, were identical in appearance until 1909 when the Hunt Building (323) was remodeled adding two more windows to the upper story and using cement block to contrast with the brick. D.E. Brown’s Jewelry Store shared the ground floor space with Nieman’s Royal Sweet Shop that by 1930 became the Peter Pan Confectionery operated by Mrs. Patterson. The Travis Building’s (321) ground floor housed the Star Meat Market which supplied fresh meat to logging and remote mining camps, while the second floor had a lodge hall that was later converted to a hotel and apartments.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Sandpoint ...a walk through history.