Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This two-story wood frame house was built in 1888-89 in the Eastlake/Stick style. Notable features include the projecting cross gable on the north façade, the two cross gables on the east (main) façade, and the full-width porch with echoing balcony above.The house has decorative bracing and bargeboards below the substantial eaves, and the porch also has decorative bracing, with sunburst-patterned brackets and balustrades with Chinoiserie elements.
In the mid-19th century the property was part of the Charles Titus estate. It, as part of a larger parcel, was sold in 1872 and again in 1874, before being finally subdivided and sold to Eugene and Sarah Barnes in 1888.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Henry St John Historical Walking Tour