Created By: The Sandpoint Group
As early as 1893, there was a low footbridge spanning Sand Creek that connected the old part of the town of Sand Point on the east side of Sand Creek to the new town on the west side of the creek. It was often washed out and needed constant repair. In 1906, L.D. Farmin built a wider “2 wagon width” bridge; thereby creating a safer bridge with better access to the train depot. The bridge was rebuilt in 1933 and again in the early 1980s when the current bridge opened as a public market. In the early years, Sand Creek was the summer camping and fishing area of the Kalispel tribe of Native Americans.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Sandpoint ...a walk through history.