Created By: New Bedford Preservation Society
334 Union Street, Tilson B. Denham, 1858
Tilson B. Denham was a prominent figure in business and in government. His bakery thrived at a time when over three hundred whaling ships drew supplies from New Bedford merchants. He was once elected to the state legislature. Denham died in 1899, and his widow survived until 1903; for nearly half a century, Tilson B. Denham and his heirs owned this property. Italianate features such as the round-topped windows on the western gable and the brackets under the roof line indicate its mid-century date.
This point of interest is part of the tour: New Bedford Pathways: Tour #1 New Bedford, More Than Colonials