Created By: Pekin Public Library
Then: Pekin Hardware Co. (later Christ Centered Store)
Now: 337 Court Street Law Offices
In Dec. 1898, Phillip M. Hoffman and Ernest R. Peyton bought Henry Roos' hardware business, which then became the Pekin Hardware Co. The business later moved in 1939 to 341 Court St., where it remained until it went out of business around 1972.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Tazewell County Courthouse Square History Walk