Created By: Northville Historical Society
This is known as the William Pitt Hungerford House, c. 1860. It is a fine example of Italianate style architecture, with 10-foot ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows. The building has served as a center for the Yarnall Gold Cure and Ebert and the Schrader Funeral Homes before being returned to a private residence. Its cube-shaped cupola gives it a definite air of distinction. Hungerford was born on his parent's farm in Novi in 1829. His parents were early settlers in this area, having arrived in 1825. He established a dry goods store at the cor-ner of Main and Center in 1857. He died in 187 4 and is buried in Rural Hill Cemetery.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historic Northville, Michigan