Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This was probably a Greek Revival house when it was built for merchant Charles F. Blood in 1868. The house was remodeled in 1873 by William Henry Miller, who made it into Italianate Villa.
Characteristic Italianate feature include the extensive use of decorative brackets under the eaves, and the tall, narrow windows. What distinguishes this as an Italianate Villa is the tower, with its mansard roof and wrought iron cresting.
Attorney Charles H. Blood, son of the original owner owned this house until 1920.
Source: Historic Ithaca, Inc.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Lower East Hill Historic District