Created By: The Sandpoint Group
Built in 1928 to house the U.S. Post Office, U.S. Forest Service, IRS, Civil Service and military recruitment offices. In 1973, it was listed on the NRHP for its architectural significance and detailing representing the Spanish Revival style. In 1967 the city library moved to this location. When the new library was built in 2000, Sandpoint residents transferred thousands of books by forming a one mile book brigade to the new library location on Division Street.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Sandpoint ...a walk through history.