Created By: Northville Historical Society
This was built by William Ambler probably in the 1850s. Ambler moved with his wife to Northville in 1854. He purchased property at Main and Center St. (Southwest Corner). In 1858 he constructed a balloon-construction style hotel first named the Ambler House, which stood for 70 years until destroyed by fire. This address was his family residence. Ambler also bought mill rights and owned Ambler Pond which is now filled in as part of the Hines Parkway System. The house was substantially remodeled in 2012.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historic Northville, Michigan