Created By: Northville Historical Society
The houses along this block were all part of a small medical center including this house that was the residence of Dr. Linwood Snow. No. 508 was his office, with the nurses' residence next to that at 514. The nursing home at 520 was the original site of Sessions Hospital, later Northville Communi-ty Hospital. Dr. Snow's house is in the Italianate style, and has been remodeled. The property was sold ·to Alva Smith in 1831, the house and its remodeling date 1860. It was owned by John Blackwood earlier. Black walnut woodwork and hard carved doors distinguish the interior.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historic Northville, Michigan