Created By: The Sandpoint Group
Arriving in Sandpoint in 1900 from Pullman, WA, Dr. Ones F. Page, the company doctor for the Humbird Lumber Company, designed and built the current house in 1917. Constructed of local old growth larch with ‘state of the art design’, Dr. Page had his patient surgery in the room to the left of the front door. The home was frequently used to house overflow patients from the adjacent Page Hospital. With the family cow and chickens that were “kept out back,” his family supplied fresh milk, cream and eggs to the hospital.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Sandpoint ...a walk through history.