Created By: Northville Historical Society
Built for John and Mary Kellogg in 1885-90, the home was noted for several features. Besides its unusual curved corners and detail in the door and window frames, the gables also include gingerbread scroll and star fretwork and solid oak woodwork throughout the interior. However, its most important claim to fame was its car barn, pictured here. This garage was built to house North-vi lle's first automobile, a Maxwell.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historic Northville, Michigan