Created By: Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County
This area was purchased by John Walden Meyers for a grist mill in 1789. This limestone structure was built in 1879 by Ellis Burrell , who operated an axe factory on the site. It was rescued from demolition in 1978 by the Hastings County Historical Society.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Stroll of Discovery: Riverfront Trail, Belleville