Created By: Northville Historical Society
These houses, if examined closely, can be seen to resemble each other. Built by Frank Beal in 1880, they are typical of many homes seen in the downtown area. They were designed in the Carpenter Gothic Style. Original owners included Charles Filkins, Frank Beal and Mr. Johnson. The Johnson House, 548, had a front porch added in 1915-20. It was also the home of Thad J. Knapp, one of Northville's Superintendents of Schools. The owners at 552 have been in their home over 45 years and possess some furnishings left by the previous owner. a relative of the first owner.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historic Northville, Michigan