Created By: Boston University
"Here we are 70-72 Mount Vernon Street in the heart of Beacon Hill. This building served as the second home of the School of Theology, and would remain its home for nearly 70 years from 1884 to 1950.
“In this twin mansion, there was sufficient space for lectures, reading rooms, faculty offices, a residence for the dean, and even lodging for students and professors. From the library, students could look out onto historic Louisburg Square. The building was considered the finest of any theological school in the country.”
This point of interest is part of the tour: Walking Tour of Historical Boston University