Created By: LFPF
The two-story, four-square house was built by Griffis, according to Rollie Griffis, with the east-side one story addition designed by Jerome Cerny (see the similar bow window at Cerny’s 66 Atteridge Road). The resident in 1930 was Swedish Painte Victor Lindquist and by 1938, Gottleib Schaffer, father of Otto Schaffer, a landscape architect who attended Lake Forest College before transferring to the University of Illinois landscape program. Otto drew plans for Triangle Park and later in the 1920’s for West Park. Byu 1920, he was an instructor at the University of Illinois landscape school.
This point of interest is part of the tour: West Park Walking Tour