Created By: Ithaca Heritage
Located at 303 North Aurora Street; former residence of Agda Osborn
Known as the Grande Dame of Ithaca and a pillar of the community, Agda Osborn (1897-1996), a 1920 Cornell graduate, helped found five different local organizations that continue to enrich Ithaca today: The Hangar Theatre, Family and Children’s Service, the Cornell Women’s Club, the City Federation of Women’s Organizations, and Historic Ithaca. The Agda Osborn Award is presented by Ithaca's Family & Children's Services each year for outstanding contributions by a community volunteer. Osborn also served on the Tompkins County Comprehensive Health Council and as a City Alderperson. In 1922, she married Robert Curtis Osborn (1860-1954).
The Osborn home, built in 1880, was originally the Stowell home. The Stowell family commissioned architect William Henry Miller to design and build the house, which is now the William Henry Miller Inn.
Source: History Center in Tompkins County
This point of interest is part of the tour: Ithaca Women of Note