Created By: Scouts Troop755
American Legion Hall
This was the original home of William Dunlap. The American Legion building, originally the William Dunlap home, the original portion of which was built in 1831. The building was lifted and rotated 90 degrees for the entrance to face Dunlap. A basement was also dug out and new foundation added. At the southeast corner of Dunlap and Center the old Opera House once stood. It was torn down in 1950. ln 1989 a flower shop marks the spot where it stood. In the 1930s Detroit Edison headquarters were located in the building on the Northeast corner of Dunlap and Center.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Northville Heritage Hike