Created By: Diane Lebo Wallace
Bainbridge Historic District is a national historic district with 93 contributing buildings, two contributing sites, one contributing structure, and one contributing object. It encompasses the village's most intensive concentration of historically and architecturally significant properties. It includes commercial, residential, civic, and ecclesiastical buildings. It includes the village green with bandstand and the adjacent United Presbyterian Church (1831) and St. Peter's Episcopal Church (1826). Other notable buildings include the Bainbridge Town Hall (1909), Old Jericho Tavern (1805, 1817), and First United Methodist Church (1902). Located within the district are the house and carriage house of the separately listed Charles C. Hovey House and Strong Leather Company Mill. The district was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
FLT Map M26
This point of interest is part of the tour: History along the Finger Lakes Trail - Catskills Region