Created By: Inverclyde Tourist Group
This elaborate tower (image 1) incorporates a clock, weather vane, bell, fog horn and light plus a post box and 2 water fountains (image 2).
It was designed by local marine artist William Clark and constructed in 1868 by Rankine and Blackmore at the Eagle Foundry in nearby Baker Street.
Tap images 1 and 2 to see the full picture.
Continue by walking around the beacon and towards the large sandstone building to Pin 40: Customhouse.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Greenock's Historic Quarter