Created By: PocketSights Ruthmere Tours
Across Main Street from the Havilah Beardsley House, on the opposite corner of Beardsley and Main at 116 East Beardsley Avenue, was the home of Benjamin and Sarah Davenport, built circa 1873. Sarah was the daughter of Havilah Beardsley. Sarah and her husband, Benjamin, moved into the home in 1874. Three different mansions have all stood in this exact spot from 1873 to the present time. The Davenport Mansion was replaced by William Pratt’s mansion “Lynnmaur” in 1900 and then in 1941 it was replaced by the Floyd Best home.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Elkhart's Beardsley Tour (Blue Tour)