Created By: Reno County Museum
The Bland post office opened Feb. 2, 1900 with Gus Knoebel - who owned the land directly north of town, as the first postmaster. Bland was in Kisiwa Creek Valley. Its application for the post office listed the town as having a population of 95.
Bland had a store and a post office. Boxing and wrestling matches were held in Bland. The post office closed Jan. 31, 1905.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Reno County Ghost Towns