Created By: Kristin Bowl
113 North Main St.- Boonsborough Museum of History: In 1809, the original house on this site was used as the second post office in Boonsboro. The present Victorian structure was built about 1882. It houses the Boonsborough Museum of History, a non-profit museum containing an extensive collection of historical objects, as well as many items of interest from around the world. Behind this structure stands the gravestone of Abraham Lemaster, owner of an earlier log
house on this property. He is the first and only occupant buried in this lot which was intended to be the site of the Episcopal Church.
Museum is open Sundays from 1-5pm May through September or by appointment. Call Doug Bast at (301) 432-6969
This point of interest is part of the tour: Boonsboro, Maryland Walking Tour