Created By: Kristin Bowl
323 North Main St.- Bowman House: The Bowman House was built in 1826. It is typical of the log houses built in Western Maryland during the first half of the
nineteenth century. It was purchased by John Bowman after he was mustered out of the Union Army in 1865, and was his home until he died in 1906. He operated his pottery business on this site. The property was given to the Boonsboro Historical Society in 1971 by Charles Smith, a grandson of John Bowman. The
house has been restored and now serves as headquarters for the Society. A carriage house and potter’s shed has also been erected on this site.
The Bowman House Museum is open the 4th Sunday of each month from May to October from 2-5pm and by appointment by calling 301.432.5889.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Boonsboro, Maryland Walking Tour