Created By: Fort Myers CRA
Prominent Fort Myers developer Harvie E. Heitman built The Bradford Hotel Building in 1905, financed by Tootie McGregor. The hotel was named after Tootie’s deceased son, Bradford, whose health issues were the catalyst for the family settling in Fort Myers. When the hotel opened, it offered 41 rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors to guests. By 1914, the hotel area of the building expanded to include the ground floor. It now features offices and retail businesses on the first floor, and private residences on the upper floors.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Historic Tour