Created By: Reno County Museum
Joshua Jones homestead the northwest quarter of Section 14 in Bell Township in 1873 - starting a store in his home. Other stores were started on each of the four corners. Dr. Wiley (also spelled Wylie or Wilye) Brown was the first doctor and had a small drug store in his home. There also was a blacksmith shop and a druggiest. Frank and Will Jenks built a wind-powered flour and grist mill. Wanda Oneal and her sister were dressmakers.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Reno County Ghost Towns