Created By: Hennepin County
Wayzata’s first cemetery is located just north of the town’s first church at the corner of Wayzata Boulevard and Walker Avenue. Originally known as “Burying Hill,” the official plat was filed and recorded in November 1882. The first person to be buried here was Hannah Garrison, the mother of Wayzata pioneer and founder Oscar Garrison. Her grave stands in the far northwestern corner of the cemetery and is marked by a stone which was dedicated in 2013 through a joint effort between the Garrison family and Wayzata Historical Society. With countless other pioneers buried nearby, the cemetery today serves an exceptional connection to Wayzata’s early history.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Downtown Wayzata Walking Tour
Please send change requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.