Created By: North Dakota State University
The Cass-Clay Cooperative Creamery Association was founded during the Great Depression and managed to survive through those challenging years through to today.
This building is a replica of the former creamery located in Kenmare, North Dakota that was originally built in the 1930's. Farmers brought their milk in large canisters to the depot. The trains would then take the cannisters to town and from there brought to the creamery to be emptied. The empty cannisters were then sent back to the depot to be taken back to the farms, usually with a check from the creamery inside.
Our building has several original pieces of equipment from Cass-Clay Creamery, including a large old style butter churn and a butter stick cutter.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Bonanzaville Full Village Tour