Created By: North Dakota State University
This building originally served as the Hagemeister School #2, District 31, in Berlin Township from 1930-1956. After the school was moved to Bonanzaville it was used to house the original furnishings from the Cass County Courthouse from 1904. The furnishings were moved from the original courthouse building after it was subject to renovations in 1967.
Some of the original Cass County Courthouse furnishing have now been moved into the Main Museum’s Boardroom in order to be properly preserved. The bell outside the courthouse building is also from the original Cass County Courthouse. For most of its life it has rested near the ground. The braces that once held the bell failed which caused the bell to fall several feet before being caught on steel beams.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Bonanzaville Full Village Tour